Whether you're a real cycling supremo or just enjoy a leisurely tour by (e-)bike, you're welcome at the Sunstar Hotel Grindelwald.
• 15% discount on bike hire in our own Intersport shop at the hotel
• Spare parts and repair service at the Intersport shop at the hotel
• Lockable bike room, tools for minor repairs and bike washing facilities
• Special cycling packages and lots of information and maps available for bikers
• Selection of "healthy" food and meal times to suit your needs
• Suitable packed lunches for energetic cyclists on the move
• Free cleaning service for your bike wear, opportunity to shower after checkout on your day of departure
• Bike and baggage shuttle service and baggage transfer service on request
• 1,200 m2 spa and wellness area with pool, thermal baths and sauna for relaxation
• Qualified therapists providing sports massages
Numerous bike trails to look forward to. Whether you're a beginner or an advanced or professional rider: all the trails have one thing in common. They offer fantastic views of the spectacular backdrop of the Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau.
..and enjoy the amazing scenery on 2 wheels!
Since summer 2018, the Bachalpsee - Grindelwald mountain bike trail has been officially signposted. First comes the climb out of Grindelwald. The tarmac mountain road leads up to the Grosse Scheidegg. Then a gravel track takes you to First and the Bachalpsee.
A long but pleasant climb on tarmac roads and rougher tracks takes you over the Grosse Scheidegg to First. Then you continue on quite a difficult trail to Schreckfeld. From there a gravel track takes you to the left of a little lake and back to Grindelwald.
Just ask at Reception and we'll be happy to tell you more about biking routes, single trails, routes for families, circular rides etc.